International Center for Cultural Studies, National Chiao Tung University
International Institute for Cultural Studies, University System of Taiwan
I. Purpose Statement:
To cope with varied forms of conflicts rising from enormous changes in Inter-Asian societies, it is imperative to establish research teams across disciplines, universities, and countries; in order to initiate reexamination of history, analytics of current issues, decolonization of knowledge, and exploration of the question of community, and finally come up with thinking strategies and solutions for the building of cross-border cooperation and co-living society in inter-Asian societies. Therefore, the International Center for Cultural Studies (ICCS) and the International Institute for Cultural Studies (IICS) hope that we could stimulate pluralistic research and innovation, and encourage cross-disciplinary exchange through the short-term cooperation of international outstanding researchers.
II. Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree and should hold a full-time faculty position at a foreign university or institution. Scholars in humanities and social sciences-related fields are welcomed. Applicants’ research topics need to match the ICCS’s master project.
III. Application Timeline:
Until August 10, 2020 (The term of visiting is expected to fall between January 1st, 2021 and December 31st, 2021)
IV. Duration of visiting term: Minimum one month, but no more than three months.
V. Application Materials:
1. Application Form for Short-term Visiting Scholar.
2. Personal Profile of the Scholar.
3. Research Proposal (Please describe your major contributions you could bring to the ICCS project during your visiting term).
4. Submit electronic copy of application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line as “Short-term Visiting Scholar— OOO (your full name).” Email submission is complete upon the reception of the ICCS’s confirmation email.
VI. Financial Support: A monthly stipend of NTD$ 20,000 for each short-term visiting scholar.
VII. Entitlements and Responsibilities
1. The ICCS would assist short-term visiting scholars in arranging their preferred accommodation. Accommodation expenses, flight tickets and insurance fees are not covered.
2. The ICCS would provide support in relevant administrative matters to short-term visiting scholars.
3. Short-term visiting scholars would have access to the NCTU’s campus resources (including borrowing and lending privileges in the library and access to computer of the Information Technology Service Center).
4. Short-term visiting scholars are expected to periodically participate in the academic activities of ICCS and to deliver at least two public lectures.
5. Short-term visiting scholars are required to submit articles to the Working Paper Series of the ICCS (in the form of either original research paper or position paper). The research result of visiting scholars will be incorporated into the research result of the ICCS.
VIII. Review of Applications:
The Director and the executive committee members of the ICCS will invite scholars in related fields, if necessary, to form a review committee and evaluate applicants’ eligibility and research proposals.
IX. Announcement of Results:
The ICCS intends to select three short-term visiting scholars. Announcement of results will be posted on the ICCS’s website. Each applicant will receive notification of the application result via email.