CHCI Global Humanities Institute
Migration, Logistics and Unequal Citizens (MLUC) in Contemporary Global Context in the time of COVID-19
CHCI-GHI 2020-2021 will hold its first online meeting on 15th June 2020. The online forum would be a platform for Principal Investigators (PIs), Co-PIs, and participants of CHCI-GHI 2020-21 to introduce themselves and to share our revised lines of research in the context of COVID-19.
MLUC CHCI-GHI June 15 Meeting Agenda
|12:00 pm -14:00 pm||Taiwan|
|11:00 am-13:00 pm (Vietnam/Thailand)
09:30 am-11:30 am (India)
|South East and South Asia|
|14:00 pm-16:00 pm||Australia|
|21:00 pm-23:00 pm (14th June)||US (West Coast)|
|00:00 am-02:00 am (14th-15th June)||US (East Coast)|
|06:00 am-08:00 am||EU/Africa|
- PI and co-PIs’ Introduction: The principal investigators (PI and Co-PIs) would introduce themselves, our lines of researches, proposals for the coming 2020-2021 online events (Appendix 1), and possible channels for publication. (Appendix 2). Both PI and Co-PIs would have 5-7 minutes each.
- Participants’ introduction: The participants’ brief introductions (maximum 3 minutes each) with PPT.
- Discussions and suggestions from the participants:
- Possibilities of forming research groups according to the participants’ research interests and revised project proposals
- Reading groups of critical texts and readings provided by the CHCI-GHI Organizing Committee
- Discussion group of drafts of group members’ manuscripts to prepare for presentation and publication
- Other suggestions.
Joyce C.H. Liu, Chair Professor, Director, Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies; Director, International Center for Cultural Studies, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan. https://iccs.nctu.edu.tw/en/teacher.php?USN=21&type=program
- Brett Neilson, Professor. The Institute for Culture and Society, Western Sydney University, Australia https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/ics/people/researchers/brett_neilson
- Shu-fen Lin, Professor. Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies; International Center for Cultural Studies, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan https://iccs.nctu.edu.tw/en/teacher.php?USN=11&type=program
- Sudarat Musikawong, Associate Professor. Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol Migration Center, Mahidol University (IPSR/MMC, MU), Thailand https://www.ipsr.mahidol.ac.th/ipsrbeta/en/StaffProfile.aspx?TypeId=33&StaffId=807
- Rusaslina Idrus, Senior Lecturer. Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Malaya (FASS, UM), Malaysia https://umexpert.um.edu.my/rusaslina
- Rafal Smoczynski, associate professor. Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences (IPS, PAS), Warsaw, Poland https://www.ifispan.pl/en/members/rsmoczynifispan-waw-pl/
- John Hutnyk, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/John_Hutnyk